Don't get me wrong, the antibiotics initially worked to clear up a lot of my acne, but I'm left with stubborn cystic spots along my jawline that I just cannot shift.
So I tried another route and went to Nu Essence salon on St Anne St in Dublin. I had a lovely therapist who preformed a skin mapping analysis and prescribed some Dermatologica products which I have used for the past 6 weeks. Initially my skin broke out in pimples, but that cleared up within 2-3 weeks. I was told that this is my skin mantle repairing itself. While the products didn't really do anything for my acne, my face burned less, was brighter and less red, so that was a nice improvement. I've also been in for 3 MicroZone treatments which are like mini facials! I don't think they make much difference for acne, but my skin is so soft and bright after them and 30 minutes of relaxing peace & quiet is sooooooo worth it!
Having decided that I trusted these folks, when they recommended a supplement called Skin Accumax, I figured what the hell?! At €90 per month, they're not cheap, but considering RoAccutane was going to set me back a couple of €100s per month between blood tests and doctors visits on top of the actual drugs, I think €90 (if these work) is an absolute steal. So here I am, documenting this journey to see if the results really are achievable.
The Toolkit:
Dermalogica daily routine:
- Pre cleanse
- Daily Microfoliant
- Dermal clay cleanser - I like to leave this on for 5 mins or so while I'm brushing teeth :)
- Active Moist + Total eye care moisturisers
- Overnight clearing gel (only at night)
As my skin was so bad today, the ladies in Nu Essence gave me some samples to try reduce my spots.
- Morning: Pre cleanse + Special cleansing gel + moisturiser + concealing spot treatment
- Night: Pre cleanse + Clearing skin wash + moisturiser + overnight clearing gel
To remove the warpaint after a night out, I use UltraBland from Lush and then follow with the usual Dermatoligica regime.
The supplements: I got the Skin Accumax starter kit which has 120 capsules. I take 2 capsules twice a day until they run out - approximately 1 month's supply. Despite being a vegetarian, I've decided to go against myself for the purpose of this project, and take cod liver oil twice per day as recommended by the lady in Nu Essence to complement the Accumax. (Prior to this I was taking Flaxseed oil + a veggie EPA supplement.)
Day 0:
Painful cycstic spots along my jawline. Oh my gosh, it's so horrible to see it in photos! Fingers crossed this stuff works!







No comments:
Post a Comment